Hello Fresh are currently pushing a selection of Jamie Oliver recipes with their boxes these days, and I thought I might share this favourite one of mine with you!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary.
- 1/2 a lemon.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts.
- 1/2 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard.
- 200g of cherry tomatoes.
- 200g green beans.
- Olive Oil (2 tsp).
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F or Gas Mark 5.
1. Pick off the rosemary leaves from the sprig, and chop very finely. Add to a bowl with a pinch of salt.
2. Finely grate, into the same bowl, half of the lemon zest, and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything together well.
3. Lay out the chicken breasts on a chopping board, take each one, and slice horizontally through the middle so that it opens up like a book! So make sure you don’t cut all of the way from side to side. Once its open, squish it down all over with your hand. Do the same again to the other breast.
4. Pour the rosemary marinade over the two breasts and leave whilst you prep the salad part of the recipe.
5. Time to make another “sauce”! This one is for your bean salad dressing. Take the mustard, half a lemon’s worth of juice, and 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Mix together.
6. Take your tomatoes and position out on a baking tray with a generous twist of salt and pepper.
Pop the tomatoes into the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until soft and juicy.
Tip: Don’t put the tomatoes on the top level of the oven, rather place them in the central to lower section. Tomatoes seem to burst a little more easily at the top than they do slightly lower down, therefore retaining their juices better.
I could eat these things with anything. Tomatoes, to me, are god.
7. Grab yourself a medium sized pan and fill halfway with water, and place onto a high heat hob. Whilst you begin to bring it to the boil with 1/4 tsp of salt, take hold of your beans and trip off the top and bottoms of them. No need to be precious about keeping the sizes the same or anything. Once the water is bubbling away, throw in the beans for 5 minutes!
You don’t necessarily need a griddle pan for the chicken, but they are pretty awesome. Whack a pan on a high heat, ready to receive your marinaded chicken breasts!
These guys need hardly any time at all, and no one likes overcooked chicken, right?
Timing to the very second, ensure that both breasts are cooked for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Usually a nice golden tinge will indicate that they’re just about perfect, but as usual, don’t cook them for any less than the specified time, even if your chicken is started to get golden before the timers end.
Once the chicken is done, take off the heat, and sit to one side to “rest” whilst you toss up your mustard dressing with the tasty beans and tomatoes.
Jamie Oliver’s Grilled Chicken with Warm Bean Salad.
A super easy, minimal, yet really tasty meal ready in no time, with very little preparation time or energy! It’s low in calories too, at around 333kcal a serving 3.3 sat fat, and a lovely 31.4g of protein. Favourite part for me is the carb content, coming in at a puny 6.3g a serving.